This is a new arrangement of the beautiful Silent Night, dedicated to my little god-daughter, Aria, and her mummy and daddy.
Road Dawgs — a short film about Future Islands
directed and shot by Jay Buim
I had the great pleasure of seeing Future Islands perform at the Coachella festival in Indio, California this year. The photo above (not by me, by Wilson Lee for spin.com) is of that show.
I am a singer and I play piano, synth, guitar, clarinet, and percussion.
- Band member – F L E C K S. Dark, ambient, synth-pop. Check out our EP, ‘Girl’, on Spotify / iTunes / Google Play.
- Band member – Off The Wall. We are a five-piece function / wedding band based in Dublin. Have a listen to the demos on our website and
bear us in mindbook us for your next event!
- Touring band member – James Vincent McMorrow. I toured with James in 2014/2015 after the release of his second album, ‘Post Tropical’. Playing keyboards and singing backing vocals, with occasional clarinet (I played clarinet on the album) and lap steel. I used my Nord Stage keyboard, running Mainstage on a MacBook with various soft synths, and a Dave Smith Instruments PolyEvolver.
- Band member (occasionally) – Nice Guy Eddie (wedding band based in Northern Ireland) – keyboard and vocals.
- Performer – Corporate events, weddings, birthdays and Christmas parties – guitar, piano, vocals.
- Resident musician – Millstone restaurant (Dame Street, Dublin). I played solo gigs three nights a week in 2012/2013, singing and playing guitar. The pay was awful, but I learned a lot of songs!
- Singer (tenor) with New Dublin Voices from 2005-2011. I returned briefly to sing in their tenth anniversary concert. I received some of the best practical musical training of my life in this brilliant chamber choir. I helped set up the internal governance of choir, managed website and social media, and planned a summer concert series in Dublin in 2010.
- Piano accompanist. I accompany exam candidates for RIAM (Royal Irish Academy of Music) and ABRSM (Associated Boards of the Royal Schools of Music), as well as end-of-year recitals and festivals.
- I have played keyboards for school productions of Little Shop Of Horrors (at Wesley College), Les Miserables (St Peter’s College, Dunboyne, in 2012 and that same year for Meath Youth Musical Society’s production at Solstice theatre, Navan), and Miss Saigon (St Peter’s College, Dunboyne, 2013).